When top (second) coat is applied using Master Oil Natural, White or Color.
Warning!!! Oil soaked rags must be properly stored and disposed of as they can self-ignite! Place all oil soaked rags into a bucket of water or in a metal container with a lid.
* When working on a previously oiled or factory oiled floor, the floor must be prepped with WOCA Wood Cleaner prior to applying the top coat.
* Use a piece of cardboard to rest wet pads and tools on. Never rest wet pads, rags or naps on bare wood.
* Do not walk on the wet oil with sneakers, put plastic booties or shopping bags over your shoes.
* Use painter’s blue tape with the orange core to protect door frames, stair spindles and base moldings.
* Shake the oil well before and during use. When using Color Oil, stir and shake well before and during use.
* Finish corners, along walls and door frames by hand using small pieces of red and white polishing pads.
* Place a 175 RPM buffer over a white Norton (or similar) pad in the starting area. Pour a capful of oil onto the floor two to three feet away from the nearest wall.
* Slowly guide the buffer over the oil and start polishing the floor. You should see immediate results. Polish the floor until the oil does not continue to spread as you pass the buffer back and forth across the work area. The finished floor should appear silky with an even look and with no oil residue visible on the surface.
* Pour more oil onto the floor as needed and continue polishing. Overlap work areas to ensure an even finish.
* Repeat the process until the floor is finished. For a slightly lower sheen, place a WOCA Polishing Cloth under the white pad when polishing the floor.
* Change pads and Polishing Cloths as they become tacky or dirty. Both sides can be used.
* The oil will normally dry in 5 to 6 hours with proper ventilation. If expecting heavy traffic, cover all or part of the floor, avoiding the use of plastic. Allow the finish to cure for 24 hours, before placing rugs and furniture on the floor.
* Some floors may need a second top coat to achieve an even finish. This can be applied as soon as the oil has dried. When applying Color Oil, however, wait 24 hours.
* Allow the oil 36 hours to fully harden before any water or dirt comes into contact with the floor.
* Coverage: 400-700 sq.ft./liter. Time consumption is approx. 1 hour per 1,000 sq. ft. per person.