WOCA Wood Cleaner is used to prep oiled floors before re-oiling. It is also used to clean very dirty floors before treating the floor with Soap or Oil Refresher.
- Change the rinse water as it becomes dirty. By keeping rinse water clean, the cleaner solution will last longer. Change the cleaner solution also, as it becomes dirty.
Use a high quality swep mop, such as WOCA Swep Mop, which has no loose ends.
Mixing solution should be:
Two gallons of lukewarm water + 6.4 oz. ( ¾ cup) of Wood Cleaner.
Three gallons of lukewarm water + 9.6 oz. (1 ¼ cups) of Wood Cleaner.
Four gallons of lukewarm water + 12.8 oz. (1 ½ cups) of Wood Cleaner.
* Sweep or vacuum the floor before using Wood Cleaner.
* Mix in one bucket the solution of Wood Cleaner and lukewarm water. In a second bucket, pour lukewarm rinse water.
* Dip clean mop in cleaner solution. Wring the mop until the head is damp. Mop a portion of the floor along the wood grain. For very dirty spots, let the solution set for a few minutes, then come back to the spot and scrub with a dish scrubbing brush or pad. Continue mopping until the mop head becomes dirty or is not moist enough to thoroughly clean.
* Dip mop in rinse water and slosh around very well. Wring the mop head as hard as possible. This will remove dirty water and keep the mop head clean.
* Dip the cleaned mop into the cleaner solution and wring. Clean the next section.
* Repeat the process until the entire floor has been cleaned.
* For very dirty floors, apply cleaner solution and scrub with brush or pad manually or with a floor buffer. Wipe clean with mop or cloth. Repeat if floor is extremely dirty.
* Allow the floor to thoroughly dry before applying oil or oil paste. Most floors will dry within two hours with good air circulation, low humidity and warm temperatures.
* Coverage: 2000-3000 sq.ft./liter. If you apply oil or oil paste before the floor is completely dry, the oil/ paste could stay tacky and not cure. If the oil/paste hardens, moisture eventually will try to escape and will be trapped under the hardened oil/paste. You will get mildew under the oil! One person should be able to clean 1,500 sq. ft. within one hour.