All dark wood species, such as merbau, brazilian cherry and walnut, must be washed with Wood Cleaner twice. This ensures that floating color pigments are washed off or neutralized, as these may otherwise impede the ability of the oil to fully harden and may cause water spots to show. If such spots occur, due to inadequate cleaning, in a floor that has already been oil finished, it is recommended to treat the floor as follows:
- Apply WOCA Wood Cleaner on an area of the floor in solution 1:40, using a mop or a sponge. An area of 50-100 sq.ft. at a time is recommended. Leave solution on the floor 2 to 3 minutes.
- Use a buffer (175 rpm) with a red pad and buff the solution into the floor.
- After buffing, remove any excess solution or moisture with a mop.
- To speed up drying time and to remove all possible solution from the floor, attach a cotton cloth under the red pad and continue buffing the floor visibly dry.
- Let floor dry overnight.
- Apply a coat of WOCA Master Oil or Maintenance Oil Paste by buffing it into the floor according to application instructions.
- Let the floor dry completely.
- Apply one more coat of WOCA Master Oil or Maintenance Oil Paste.
- After 36 hours the oil is fully cured and may be cleaned with WOCA Soap or Oil Refresher.